These are some ideas if you need some inspiration or you’re looking to change it up this year! Feel free to let me know if you have questions about substitutions. At the bottom, I included my mother-in-law’s (delicious, but not healthy) recipe for sweet noodle kugel. Enjoy!
Matzo Ball Soup (I make the soup and my mother-in-law brings the matzoh balls.)
Herbed Sweet and Spicy Salmon from Quicker Than Quick
Here’s my mother-in-law’s recipe for sweet noodle kugel. (Not healthy!) I have never made it any other way, but I assume you can use gluten-free noodles. Not sure how it would turn out dairy-free.
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- ½ pound cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- optional: 1 handful golden raisins (I don't use.)
- ½ cup crushed cornflakes
- optional: cinnamon and sugar (I don't use.)
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish with butter.
- Mix melted butter and cream cheese together. Add sugar, vanilla, eggs, and milk, and mix until smooth. Add noodles (and optional raisins) and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, cover and refrigerate all day or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Uncover kugel and sprinkle with cornflake crumbs (and optional cinnamon-sugar.) Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes until golden and set.