I expect some of you are going to have some significant leftovers this weekend. Many people, myself included, are doing a big traditional Thanksgiving dinner for fewer people this year. So what are you going to do with all that extra food? One idea is to identify a neighbor who may not be able to cook for him/herself and bring some leftovers to him/her. I often freeze food like cooked turkey and extra pie for another time. But leftovers can obviously be repurposed and turned into a whole other meal. My family is perfectly happy to have Thanksgiving 2.0 on Friday and Saturday! In case you’re looking for some recipes, I pulled together a few from my site with links below.
In general, soups, stir-fries, tacos and salads, all lend themselves very well to leftovers without having to rely on a recipe. And anything you can do with cooked chicken, you can do with cooked turkey! I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!
- Chicken Pot Pie (with turkey)
- Cranberry-Granola-Yogurt Parfait
- Leftover Stuffing and Egg Bake
- Lemon Turkey and Barley Soup
- Mashed Potato Croquettes
- Turkey and Rice Middle Eastern Salad
- Turkey and Spinach Quesadillas with Cranberry Salsa
- Turkey Tortilla Soup
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Spicy Cashew Dressing
- Baked Bean or Chicken Taquitos
- Thai coconut chicken soup – with turkey
- Chicken and avocado soup
- Chicken and Vegetable Curry
- Cucumber Hummus Turkey Roll ups
- Fried Rice with turkey
I am eagerly awaiting your photos from Thanksgiving! Please tag me @pamelasalzman #pamelasalzman so I can see all your wonderful creations.