I’m all for a reset every now and then if I’ve gotten myself into some habits that don’t make me feel good. I have the type of personality that can fall into habits easily, good or bad, but it can be tough for me to break them. But I don’t plan for any special restrictive diet on January 2. Yes, I like Prolon (a modifed fast for longevity) and Kroma (a reset), which are both very different from each other but also not “cleanses.” I think the whole idea of a “cleanse” is confusing. Eating nutritious food is not going to “cleanse” me of past poor eating. Sweating, going to the bathroom, and a properly functioning liver can help remove toxins from the body. But instead, I like to start off the year eating food that brings me back to the way I like to feel. I make a lot of soups at this time of year. I like warm food in the winter and soups are both digestible and filling. If you’re trying to get out of holiday food mode, try soup for dinner every night for a week! These are some of my favorites and ones that you may have forgotten about:
- Super Greens Soup with Lemon-Tarragon Cream A great way to get in loads of greens. It’s delicious with or without the tarragon cream.
- Immune-Boosting Soup Some may call this “congee,” and some may not. All I know is that well-cooked rice and homemade chicken broth are about as easy to digest as you can get.
- Yerba Mate Chicken and Cilantro Soup This is a tweak of a Peruvian Soup in Kitchen Matters. It’s a meal in a bowl.
- French Onion Soup I might skip the cheesy toast if I’m trying to eat light.
- Bieler’s Broth Not a culinary soup in as much as a healing, digestible soup that always makes me feel great.
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup So much flavor, but still light and hearty.
- Cauliflower and Roasted Garlic Soup Such a classic and so easy. Offer some crunchy toppings for texture.
- Sweet Potato-Coconut Soup The layering of flavors in this soup are outstanding.
- Kale and White Bean Minestrone I had to include this since it might be my family’s favorite soup!
Here are a bunch more tantalizing soups. If you make any of these soups or any of my recipes, please tag me @pamelasalzman #pamelasalzman so I can see your beautiful creations!
If you would like to try Prolon, you can use this link and the code pamela25 for 10% off (even if they’re running a promotion.) I prefer the Original soups and I have a whole set of tips in my Instagram Highlights.
If you would like to try Kroma, you can use this link and the code PAMELA10 for 10% off. I think the Signature Reset is totally fine and the Deluxe is not necessary unless you want all the extra stuff.